I knew you can ombre your hair. But how about an ombre furniture?
I came across this at Anthropologie when shopping around for furniture’s for our new home. Loved the effect. But not the price!
Since then I wanted to incorporate this effect in one of my very own furniture. So this past weekend, I wanted to try the ombre effect on our old dining chair. We discarded our dining table a while ago but kept couple of the dining chairs for whatever reason. The chairs are so useless to us now and a lifeless thing at home.
I often see such chair on the curbside every week on the trash pick up day. Poor things! I didn’t want to throw mine away and wanted to turn them into something lively.
The chair was just waiting to be redone, so we got started! This is a very simple easy DIY experience.
~ Wooden Chair
~ Masks and Googles (Optional)
~ 3 Spray Paints (We used Metallic, Red and Black)
1. Clean the chair. Remove any dirt and smooth the surface so the paint will stick better.
2. Now, starts the fun part. Start with the base color.. spray thin coats. Let it dry and then re-coat after few minutes. A couple of coats just worked good for our chair.
3. Wait for 15 minutes.
4. Move to the center color. We choose red. Focus on getting the center first and then go upwards and downwards on the chair. While working on the spindles, decide how far up and down you would want to go. Spray quickly and away from the chair. Be sure to keep the color heights even.
5. Let the red coating dry. Once dried, we worked on the bottom of the chair. We flipped the chair and started spraying from the bottom up.
6. Give it a final inspection and fix any spots left out.
Let the chair dry completely. May be overnight or a day. I couldn’t wait so I took a picture of it before letting it out to dry!
This makeover transforms any old boring chair into a DIY ombre furniture piece that adds color to your home decor. Try and Enjoy!