WARNING: Long Random Post!
I am not sure where to begin. I am not sure if I will make any sense but I know I needed to write here. It’s been a really long time. And, I swear. I didn’t want to come back with a rant post. But here I am!
Life has changed the past few months. It’s been a roller coaster ride. I had mentioned I changed jobs in my previous post. Before I talk about other things, let me give you all some fun facts about the new job.
- I am a project manager now. Its my dream job. This is the good news.
- Everybody seems very nice around here. The new boss is super awesome.
- I love project management and I think I know enough about it now. Thanks to all the past years of experience.
- I am a Lean practitioner. Got the certificate recently. Yay!
- There are days when I do not have to interact with a lot of people. And then there are some days when I need to really hunt people for answers.
- And finally, the commute is okay. Just! Okay! This is the bad news.
So now that you all know the fun facts let’s go to the bad part. Okay? Okay!
- I leave early in the morning and come back home late in the evening.
- Every single day I struggle to get out of bed.
- I snooze my alarm at least 4 times before I wake up.
- Some days I leave before baby lily wakes up.
- Some other days, I don’t get to say bye to Lime. Yes! It’s a big deal for me.
- And many days I don’t get to talk to Lemon in the mornings.
- Its always a mad rush.
- Come evenings, I get damn tired.
- I pick up Lime first and then we both go to Lily’s day care. Finally, we all reach home around 6:30 PM. Yes! 6:30 is late for someone-like- me who leaves the home at 7 AM in the morning.
That second when I open the garage door baby Lily cries. She cries and cries until I feed her something. Some days Lime sleeps off in the car on the way back home. He gets super cranky when I wake him up. Which adds more chaos to our evening.
I would shout. Lime would cry. Lily would cry even louder. Finally, we would all call Lemon and shout together on phone.
It has been that C-R-A-Z-Y. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
When it comes to cooking, I have always liked cooking fresh food for the family. I never liked the idea of cooking over the weekends for the weekdays. I must also say that I had the luxury and the time to cook every morning in my previous job. Life has changed now and I have changed too. So, what do I do these days? I cook lunch for 3 days on Sunday mornings. Sigh! What we do for dinner everyday and the rest of the 2 days in the week is a long story.
I really hate what I am doing. But I got no choice.
For a very long time now, my mom has not been well. She has diabetics and related nerve problems. The many doctors she has seen so far have not found a *real* cause. The past few months she has been very lethargic and forgetting things all of a sudden. She has been admitted in the hospital 3 times. None of the doctors in the US of A and in India are giving us answers.
Until I know what’s going on, I repeat to myself – She will be okay soon. She will be okay soon. She will not have a recurrence. There will be no complications. Relax. Take a deep breath. Repeat.
Lily has grown so much. She can now say few words. She says ‘Anna‘, ‘Thatha‘, ‘Amma‘ and ‘Appa‘. She even says ‘No‘ when Lime hugs her tight. She says ‘No! Mine!’ when Lime takes her toys. And, she loves her brother more than me!
Stay tuned for more about Lily and Lime.
Let me end this rant post with some pics. Thanks for reading.